Information We Collect
How We Collect Information. We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you fill out a form or contact us via email;
- Social networks through which you may interact with us; and
- Our service providers, business partners and other third parties.
What Information We Collect. The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Business contact information, such as name, email address, postal address and phone number.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Lucky Orange) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services; and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as video views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users
1. How We Respond to do not Track Signals
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information, reports or materials you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Public Trust, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
4. Data Security
We have implemented measures, including adoption of policies based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Access to your information is restricted to Public Trust employees, registered representatives, and designated software service providers used for legitimate business purposes. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
5. Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by following the instructions at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and opt out of collection by Lucky Orange by visiting www.luckyorange.com/privacy.php.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
6. Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and Public Trust does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
Public Trust is based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
9. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides additional rights to users of the Services that are California residents. For additional information, please visit our CCPA Notice.
10. Contact Us
Last Updated: April 30, 2021